November 2016 brought a blanket of global fear for people of color, environmentalists (don’t we all want pure air, water, food?), political progressives and maturing youths born in the 1970’s. Never in the history of our immigrant nation have researchers noted two more unpopular leading candidates.
Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont rallied enthusiasm among millions in a lengthy period of expensive campaigning for all hopefuls. Again the expenditure on all sides exceeded millions in Senate and Presidential races. Britain chose a new leader in one month.
A wealthy candidate claimed to be spending his own money and was not beholden to anyone. Bernie Sanders was deemed unfit for the race and tossed overboard. More publicity was given to Sanders as a “Democratic Socialist” than the other candidate being a possible “billionaire dictator.” Political analysts surmise Mr. Sanders would have emerged as winner of the 2016 nomination. “Socialist” scares many who never lived in such areas. (Canada, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Finland, Belgium, New Zealand)
Nature poet Mary Oliver (September 1935 – ) offers some consolation to those who mourn our future in her poem “Wild Geese:”
“Whoever you are, no matter how lonely, the world offers itself to your imagination calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting, over and over announcing your place in the family of things.”
Our President-Elect has a wife from Yugoslavia, a German father and mother from Scotland. He is obviously not comfortable coexisting in the midst of non-white people and indicated a preference for living in a tower that might be a dangerous obstacle to wild geese following the Atlantic flyway. He once claimed his tower was the highest in NYC but forgot 1,776 (historical linkage) feet of a place that replaced 9/11 events.
Mr. Giuliani is a close associate of the new President. The former mayor of NYC knows far too much about “pulling” Twin Towers as explained in one documentary called Core Of Corruption. Our education is sadly incomplete until this two hour film is viewed.
By comparison with the openness of #10 Downing Street in London, Washington is a fortress city protecting our imperial Presidents every minute. New York City will become a “no fly zone” aiding thousands of NYPD personnel to protect our new Commander In Chief. Would millions of USA citizens take the time to read Friendly Fascism by Bertram Gross and Characteristics Of Fascism by Lawrence Britt? Here are some signs:
- Nationalism – “America #1!”
- Disdain for recognition of human rights – discrimination against non-whites
- Identification of scapegoats, foreigners and Muslims as unifying cause
- Supremacy of the Armed Forces “Rebuild Our Military” (now consuming over $2 billion daily) with 800 global military locations. (empire)
- Rampant sexism, including opposition to abortion, persecution of homosexuals.
- Controlled mass media (read Friendly Fascism chapter on the media)
- Obsession with crime and punishment (“lock her up!”)
- Obsession with National Security (the US spends more on defense than the next five nations combined, including China and Russia. An international business publication poll among 65,000 people in 65 countries found USA as “the greatest threat to world peace.”)
- Corporate power is protected
- Rampant cronyism and corruption
- Labor power suppression
- Fraudulent elections (other characteristics found in Britt’s paper)
Geese must continue to fly, ignoring no fly zones anywhere. Peruvian poet Pablo Neruda’s words will inspire us: “They can cut down all the flowers but not delay the spring.”
November brought us migrations of nature’s creatures & a rich ruling elite.